TechSpot

RIM launches BlackBerry 6 platform, BlackBerry Torch 9800

By Jos
Aug 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. After months of rumors, leaked pictures and a couple of teaser videos, Research In Motion today finally unveiled its updated BlackBerry 6 operating system along with the first device to use it. The new software has been designed to work with touch and trackpad input and among its most notable features are a universal search option, social network aggregation, Wi-Fi powered media sync and an all-new WebKit-based browser with support for HTML5.

Read the whole story

2. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

I can already hear my execs chomping at the bit to get their paws on this bad boy.

3. I'll be dropping my BB for a Droid when I upgrade, thanks to this AT&T exclusivity crap. Brilliant move, RIM, you schmucks!

4. Blackberry is great. But after Android, I don't think I will ever switch.

5. If the 9800 isn't coming to Verizon soon, it';s the Droid for me. AT&T is just terrible.

6. Despite the big touchscreen, the Torch has only got a resolution of 480x360, same as the candyb ar Bold 9700 which will also eventually get OS6. What a fail.

7. It will be interesting how well the Blackberry Torch will do compared to the iPhone 4 since all 3 major carriers in Canada will be offering both. I won't be getting either, my next phone will be a Droid.