TechSpot

RIM launches BlackBerry 6 platform, BlackBerry Torch 9800

By Jos
Aug 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. After months of rumors, leaked pictures and a couple of teaser videos, Research In Motion today finally unveiled its updated BlackBerry 6 operating system along with the first device to use it. The new software has been designed to work with touch and trackpad input and among its most notable features are a universal search option, social network aggregation, Wi-Fi powered media sync and an all-new WebKit-based browser with support for HTML5.

Read the whole story
  2. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

I can already hear my execs chomping at the bit to get their paws on this bad boy.
  3. I'll be dropping my BB for a Droid when I upgrade, thanks to this AT&T exclusivity crap. Brilliant move, RIM, you schmucks!
  4. Blackberry is great. But after Android, I don't think I will ever switch.
  5. If the 9800 isn't coming to Verizon soon, it';s the Droid for me. AT&T is just terrible.
  6. Despite the big touchscreen, the Torch has only got a resolution of 480x360, same as the candyb ar Bold 9700 which will also eventually get OS6. What a fail.
  7. It will be interesting how well the Blackberry Torch will do compared to the iPhone 4 since all 3 major carriers in Canada will be offering both. I won't be getting either, my next phone will be a Droid.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.