RIM offering developers up to $10,000 to build for BlackBerry 10

By Shawn Knight
Sep 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion is doing more than just hoping that developers will be interested in creating apps for BlackBerry 10 – they're flat out bribing them to do so. As part of their 10K Developer Commitment, RIM is willing give...

Read more
  2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

Hmm... tempting.
  3. mcirish74

mcirish74 Newcomer, in training

This is almost a year old. If you're not posting actual current developments on Blackberry 10, then keep your fingers off the keyboards.
  4. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 671   +202

Was wondering the same thing. I heard about this at least six months ago and yet suddenly its being reposted everywhere. In any case its a smart move by Team Waterloo. As to whether RIM can challenge Android, I hope Mr. Knight realizes BBOS10 will run Android apps. Even if developers makes don't start producing a lot for BB10 a lack of apps won't be to blame for the platform's failure. If anything it will be the usual RIM mistakes: overpricing, basic features missing and so on, but let's hope they got it right.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,771   +1,428

Maybe you should have posted it here a year ago when you read it for the first time. It's the first I've heard about it so who cares how many times its posted. If you have already heard about it move on and quit bit-ching.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.