Rimac's new electric car does 0-60 in 1.85 seconds, packs 1,914 horsepower

William Gayde

Staff

If you're looking for a high performance electric vehicle and the 600-700 horsepower that Tesla's Model S provides just isn't enough, your next car may be just down the road. Rimac, a small Croatian auto designer, has an upcoming production car with some eye-popping performance numbers.

The Concept Two, C_Two for short, will be one of the fastest production cars ever manufactured with a 0-60 time of just 1.85 seconds. For reference, the newest Tesla Roadster will have a 0-60 time of 1.9 seconds.

The C_Two's electronics will be able to deliver 1.4 Megawatts of power at 720 Volts thanks to the nearly 7,000 lithium battery cells packed inside. This translates to a whopping 1,914 horsepower and a top speed of 258 mph. To enable the advertised 403-mile range, the battery pack will have a total capacity of 120kWh. Rimac believes the C_Two will also have the ability to charge to 80 percent in just 30 minutes on their network of charging stations.

As much as they love performance, Rimac has also focused on technology in the C_Two. The car will have numerous cameras, a LIDAR system, RADAR emitters, and ultrasonic sensors to allow for what they claim to be Level 4 autonomous driving. Processing all of this data are 72 different control units placed around the vehicle. With this and the help of massive brakes, Rimac hopes to look past the disastrous crash of their original Concept One car.

Don't expect to see a Concept Two driving down your neighborhood street though. The price will likely be in the seven figures and Rimac only plans to build 150 copies.

Permalink to story.

Meh, I'm happy and content with my crappy 2012 Toyota Aurion Sportivo... It's no powerhouse or even a performance car. Just an ordinary family car. But it can do a modest 0-100 Kilometers in 6 seconds :')

And why do we need to go 0-100 in 1.85s exactly? I mean sure it pushes the boundaries of engineering, but why would I ever need accelerate so fast in any real life situation? How will I ever do that when not on a track? Seems like a waste of resource.

And why do we need to go 0-100 in 1.85s exactly? I mean sure it pushes the boundaries of engineering, but why would I ever need accelerate so fast in any real life situation? How will I ever do that when not on a track? Seems like a waste of resource.
For when you pull up to the lights and that Tesla Roadster is there and you need to beat him off the line :D

Have you ever had a car and driven it yourself? Every single time you stop on those red lights you see in a city and other cars are around you , you must accelerate faster than them or you are a loser. Its a simple fact of life.

It is possible to have driven a car and not have experience with city red lights. Besides everyone quickly learns there is possibly a speed radar nearby to spoil the fun of it.

Why do we need tasty food? You could just eat gruel. Why do we need different color shirts? White is good enough without wasting dye. Why do we need anything?

Just because you don't value something doesn't mean no one else wants it.

The only place where you could possibly drive that around here is at the airport.or on the TransCanada Highway. er, no, scratch that. its to twisty and over the speed limit in my 2015 sonic and its a bit hairy..
anywhere else .you will beat the Bottom out of it in the first 20 yards, you have never seen Potholes like we have here . I never had the sonic a month and had to replace both front tires, from broken belts..MegaLol :(

Also it's cold and Damp here 90% of the time.and that's in summer ,hard on the batteries ,and worse still ,you have never been so terrorized in your life until you have driven up on a 1000 pound Bull moose stood up in the middle of the Highway.

but I'll call ya a towtruck... and an Ambulance!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...4E581CB73DBE8B2BBD364E581CB73DBE8&FORM=VDQVAP

and these guys don't come with collision avoidance radar,actually,some don't mind colliding with you at all.lol.

who's your Daddy?

Last edited:
High performance electric cars are a nightmare for pedestrians and the visually impaired. As pedestrians, if we're anywhere near a road and hear an engine rev up or even coming from a distance, that is sufficient warning to protect yourself. And most cars today take a few seconds to get moving at any dangerous speeds. Imagine near-silent vehicles launching forward and hitting 100kph in 2-3 seconds. I think manufacturers should put in noise makers in all electric road vehicles (or on the wheels) and limit their acceleration. Safety to other road users is more important than any driver's personal thrills.

High performance electric cars are a nightmare for pedestrians and the visually impaired. As pedestrians, if we're anywhere near a road and hear an engine rev up or even coming from a distance, that is sufficient warning to protect yourself. And most cars today take a few seconds to get moving at any dangerous speeds. Imagine near-silent vehicles launching forward and hitting 100kph in 2-3 seconds. I think manufacturers should put in noise makers in all electric road vehicles (or on the wheels) and limit their acceleration. Safety to other road users is more important than any driver's personal thrills.
Three words: Collision Avoidance Radar - read about it on Toyota's web site.

Found the dad

Like previous concept 1, zero real life proof/data !

I haven't seen confirmed data but the Rimac Concept One just walked away from a Honda NSX and Aventador S in a drag race on The Grand Tour. Both rival cars capable of putting in regular 0-60 times of very low 3 seconds.

The Concept One is obviously preposterously fast and perfectly within their ballpark claims for it.

It is possible to have driven a car and not have experience with city red lights. Besides everyone quickly learns there is possibly a speed radar nearby to spoil the fun of it.

Lots of stop lights in Canada now with photo and speed capability, I can only imagine how many tickets will show up in the mail with one of these. Alberta has Photo radar. no police just a security guard with a photo radar equipped minivan ,parked inconspicuously ,in problem areas.

Because we can, that's why. It's what men have done since the beginning of time. We take pleasure in pulling up to the line at a red light, alpha-nosing ahead of the others, and waiting for the green...then accelerating off faster & harder than the others while we chuckle to ourselves and whisper love notes to our car.

Men take pleasure in nailing each other to the wall, then drinking together afterwards.

It's tragic that your generation have been so neutered and cucked into whining blandness.

Because we can, that's why. It's what men have done since the beginning of time. We take pleasure in pulling up to the line at a red light, alpha-nosing ahead of the others, and waiting for the green...then accelerating off faster & harder than the others while we chuckle to ourselves and whisper love notes to our car.

Men take pleasure in nailing each other to the wall, then drinking together afterwards.

It's tragic that your generation have been so neutered and cucked into whining blandness.

What's tragic is your pathetic definition of manhood LOL

Back