Rome: Total War cheats problem

By TDawg
Jul 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is where I see the cheats http://www.cheatplanet.com/pccheats/rome_total_war.htm

ok now...I don't understand how to use some of them such as

Instantly complete all construction in que process_cq settlement
    Instantly complete all military units in recruitment que process_rc settlement

Am I supposed to replace the word "settlement" with my settlements? I tried that what am I missing with those 2 ^^^

Create unit with given stats create_unit
    Given character gets given trait at indicated level give_trait

When and where and how am I supposed to do those 2 am I supposed to replace words with what it'll be giving me, I don't understand give me an example^^^

Increase population in given city by given amount add_population <#>

No Idea how to do this one^^

please give me examples on how to use these
  2. TDawg

TDawg Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 154

ok I figured out the instantly complete all construction and military units in que just by replacing the word "settlement" with the name of the settlement, that one wasn't a real toughie. I'm still having problems with the other cheats though...the one I am most concerned about is the increase population cheat...all I need is just an example...thanks
  3. TDawg

ok now I am understanding the population cheat, example add_population Bovianum 2000

Now with the construction and military cheats, the construction cheat seems to only work when it wants too and I enter in the complele all military units in que just the way it's supposed to but I don't I have ever been able to get it to work... process_rc Bovianum that's what I use but it won't work...is there a patch that will fix these problems? or is there a certain time when I am able to enter these in?
  4. TDawg

ok I got the construction cheat all figured out now...but I can't get the process all military recruits or whatever working at all and yet I type it just like the one for the buildings and such...idk about this one...
  5. TDawg

I STILL can't get the complete all military units cheat to work although now I am trying to get the cheat to capture a settlement, which is capture_settlement Bovianum for example but I can't get this one to work either...
  6. TDawg

Also if anybody knows of any trainers that can do these things...
  7. Blakhart

Blakhart Newcomer, in training Posts: 510

Why not just play the game?
  8. TDawg

Not to be rude...but that was a bad reply to these questions...I already played this game many time and now just trying to use these cheats to mess around or whatever, I don't really need a reason. That's why techspot is here to try to help with problems like this...
  9. cranwo

cranwo Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Rome Total War Cheats

Hi There Just thought I would reply to some of the threads that have been written. I'm afraid that I cannot help you with your cheats programme. but please do not take this the wrong way, I have also have played the game time after time and thoroughly enjoy it along with the two Expansion Packs. and I am currently on my 8th faction to see if I can do any better that just playing with the Roman factions, however I do not and never have had the need to play a game with any cheats. I personally find this a pointless exercise and it takes away the fun and thinking that needs to go into playing these types of games.
    However I do not condemn anyone that feels they need cheats to either enhance a game or to see if it works better with them. As it is entirely a personal viewpoint. So please feel free to cheat away if you must, but I know in my own mind who has the most Fun. HAPPY GAMING
    Regards to all.
  10. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

Cranwo, if you actually read the post he said... He said he beat the game a couple of times and wanted to have cheats to mess around
  11. cranwo

cranwo Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Oh why do I bother

Yes I did read his thread and the reply that I put was MY OPINION ONLY, not meant (if you read my thread properly) to offend anyone, as I said previously each to thier own if he wants to cheat then that is entirely up to him and I do not have a problem with it. but I do not use cheats as it detracts from the game . SO **** OUT BUSTER
  12. Cpt_Subtext

Cpt_Subtext Newcomer, in training Posts: 273

TDawg whats your email address? If you want a can email you a little mod ive created for the game, nothing fancy just edited a text file, that makes starting out a hell of alot easier! :)

Only works for the julli romans though... :)
  13. cmaster643

cmaster643 Newcomer, in training

how can u use rome total war cheats

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.