Router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevs

this evening when I tried to connect to he net I got the page could not be found screen. Im using a wirless connection and the connebt said the sinal strngth was good. When I chaecked the router though the adsl setting had been reset and dhcp was set to on, I use static ip's and thats what i had set it to. Acouple of days ago I set up port forwarding could my router have been hacked or is that unlikely.

you did change the default password in router???
I have never been hacked through here but I have been attacked
make sure upnp is not set to on any of the options
reset your router if it does it again update the bios--oops meant firmware
could be the router is going bad ,

Routers do "forget" all their settings sometimes.. Is it a Linksys WRT54G rev. 3.x by any chance you have there? :p

You can try updating the router firmware.

Why are you using static ip addresses? If its a small home network let the router hand out the ip addresses!
Also, listen to Nodsu ... upgrade the firmware (especially if its a D-Link!). but remember to note your settings before hand and factory reset the router.

I reset the password yesterday and it seems to be ok, I set static ip's because my wireless kept cutting out. A bit of googling told me to try static ip and disable some of the wirless conection properties, so I did and just left tcp/ip. I also removed the third party software that came with the wirless card and Havent had a problem since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back