Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a really hard time getting my WRT54GS and/or WRT150N router to work. When I use the modem it works fine, but when I switch to the router it gives me a new IP address in network connections, but I can't connect to the internet.

Opening up command prompt gives me a weird result:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-02-34-E7-5C
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : ?
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :
?
?
?
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:24:15 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, July 06, 2007 4:24:15 PM

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : ?
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Unplugged then replugged, no dice, tried Winsock fix but it didn't work, bought a new router (the WRT150N), worked for the first page, but then stopped working. Reinstalled Ethernet ports. Nothing. Tried using different computers, still no luck. The router page shows the default gateway as 0.0.0.0 when I go to the status page with blank DNS servers. Help me please.

hi, i had a problem like this with a wireless router, same model WRT54GS.
what happened is that i had not configured correct the wireless security of both router and laptop and the laptop was accessing another wireless router installed nearby as both networks had adjacent radio channels and the laptop wa set to auto channel search. thus picking the other router not mine. try to compare the network / security settings of both wireless router and your pc and see if you have any other wireless network around that might interfere with your wirelessnetwork signal.

no, it should not interfere with the wired computers as I posted the problem if you are useing the wireless network option. This could lead you to an incompatability option between the router and the network card you are useing (nic chipset), I saw them on alcatel switches 6600 model with vpn setup and edimax switches connected to smc nic cards. try to update the firmware of the router and update the drivers of the nic cards. what you can try is to install a realtek nic model 8139 and see what happens as these are compatible with most network devices and work on the first try. usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back