Rumor: Apple also interested in buying up Hulu

By Jos
Jul 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Video streaming website Hulu has been considering its options after a potential buyer approached it with an unsolicited offer. Google, Microsoft and Yahoo have been mentioned as possible suitors and…

Read the whole story
  2. Nooooooo...
  3. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
  4. NeoFryBoy

NeoFryBoy Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

Haha. Apple just does whatever Google does. I don't think they have a clue what they'd do with Hulu if it were theirs.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,490   +302

I think if Apple took over Hulu, it would be seriously integrated into iOS and iTunes.
    Although i'm from the UK, so i have never used Hulu, I still got this feeling Apple shouldn't do this and create their own competing service. More competition the better!
  6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

That was my biggest concern too when I heard about this last week. I rather see Hulu go to one of the other bidders instead.
  7. Morgawr

Morgawr Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

Consider all of hulus videos are in flash this would make an interesting conversion.
  8. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 348   +37

Hell no. All apple would be interested in doing is generating as much cash as possible for the least overhead. The moment Apple buys hulu, it would no longer be free and I would go back to torrenting.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,467   +289

Hulu's free content is pretty restricted as is.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.