Rumor: Microsoft phasing out its virtual points currency

By Jos
Jan 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Xbox Live point system has been widely criticized by users for being confusing and difficult to convert into real prices. They allow users to purchase content on the Xbox…

Read the whole story
  2. SantistaUSA

SantistaUSA Newcomer, in training Posts: 48   +8

I sure hope so, microsoft points is horrible, I decided to not buy anything else until they change to a regular currency system.
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 632   +116

Yes I've considered buying things in the past but was turned away by having to convert my money to these points and then buying whatever it is with points. Seemed ridiculous to me.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,493   +304

FINALLY! Now i will actually consider buying stuff on xbox live :)
  5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

"users often have to purchase more than they actually require at a particular time. This means they'll have left over points after their purchase but most likely not enough to buy something else."

so true...

now i just have to find a way to somehow spend the rest of what i have left... probably on some rock band songs and get rid of those pointless points.
  6. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 578   +32

hmmm... I 'might' just make purchases on Games for Windows Live providing they can compete on price points.
  7. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

that avatar on the card looks kind of HURP
  8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I say good reddens. Give use real prices and stop making us have points that hang there and we never can pay exact given the quantity of points offered.
  9. DanUK

DanUK TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 189   +7

At last! Points were a nuisance. My card never worked on for buying them (it's just a normal visa) so if ever I wanted something I needed to go to a shop to get one of the physical scratch cards :/
  10. lol i bet microsuck made some money off the peices of "blocks" people paid for and couldnt use. Id be willing to be thats why it even exists

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.