TechSpot

Ryan Seacrest-backed 'Typo' iPhone Keyboard to debut at CES

By Shawn Knight
Dec 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Despite the fact that the iPhone has been on the market for more than six years now, some people just can’t let go of the past. And by the past, I mean the physical QWERTY keyboard equipped on the majority...

Read more

2. DuhWookie

DuhWookie TS Rookie

How are you meant to exit applications and switch between them ? ^.^

3. 0:50

4. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Booster Posts: 165   +31

There is a button on the keyboard itself.

5. jraymp

jraymp TS Rookie

iBerry :)

hahahanoobs likes this.
  6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +861

I dont consider them the "past", as physical keyboards tend to be superior to touch screen ones in alot of peoples opinions.

Anyway, Im confused why this uses bluetooth instead of the phones usb connector, and having another one in the bottom, as that would be a more permanent and less battery draining solution...

dennis777 likes this.
  7. Ikesmasher: "I dont consider them the "past", as physical keyboards tend to be superior to touch screen ones in alot of peoples opinions."

Opinions??? Are you for real? Real keyboards ARE superior (I'm talking in general), it's not an opinion, it's a F.A.C.T.

For that $99 you can almost buy a high quality mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX switches and it will leave every touch keyboard light years in the dust. Nevertheless, I wouldn't like to have a real keyboard on my phone, touch is just fine, since I would never do any heavy typing on this phone.

8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +861

Its not fact. its not a statistic. I agree with you that its superior, but certain people would argue that a touch screen is superior. And regardless of how stupid I think it is, its still an opinion.

9. Wow, just like the Naztech Slide-out keyboard!?
    Or, the BoxWave Backlit keyboard!?
    Or, the KeyTech verticle keyboard!?

Just because the over-paid Ryan Seacrest is backing it doesn't make it new...or special.