Samsung achieves record download speeds in 5G wireless testing

By Shawn Knight
Oct 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As wireless carriers around the globe continue their 4G LTE rollout, researchers and industry heavyweights have already turned their attention to next generation wireless implementations.

Read more
  2. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,079   +331

Wake me up when they show these speeds outside of a lab setting and inside a real house with numerous walls.
  3. How far? Distance between ? Who were they sending all the Ed Snowden documents to ?
    Fast speeds indeed. Will we be able to ditch cables at home though once routers have this ?
    Will we still have issues from Microwave ovens, Cell phones, Old Tech, Neighbours gadgets?
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,107   +1,376

This would require full usage of USB 3.1 to deliver data to the PC.

I would really be happy to dump my cable provider, but all this tech isn't feasible for the mass market. Perhaps by 2020 or something... Here in Ireland we are still on 3G, mostly, and in many places the speed drops to 2G.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Controlled test environment conditions are not the same as your home or office. 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE roughly slightly better than the other 3. 5G might be slightly better than 4G LTE. So the new Buzz word will be 5G and everything 5G.
  6. cartera

cartera TS Addict Posts: 276   +67

Introducing the iPhone 7 5G - I can see the marketing already despite only being available in a lab...
  7. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +97

There are things more important then speed... I'm so tired of **** cellular coverage and they continue to develop technologies that will put network development focus squarely back onto the top markets.
    hahahanoobs likes this.