Samsung gives free Galaxy S II devices to CyanogenMod developers

By Emil
Jun 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has given a free Samsung Galaxy S II to each of the four developers responsible for the CyanogenMod on the original Galaxy S device. The Korean company's only request…

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm so glad that companies are finally starting to act more progressive in this regards. I hope this is an indication of more things to come. I really don't see a downside to this. The manufacturer gets to have a free development team that does this because they want to, the mods no doubt boost sales, getting them buyers who would not have bought the device but for the mod.
  3. WOW! I might have to re-think Samsung devices as I was so turned off by their handling of the Vibrant that I sold all my samsung devices, (TV, phones, etc) and 'bad-mouthed' them every chance I got.
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

The vibrant wasn't samsungs fault. Your US carriers are holding back updates. I've been on official 2.3.3 for months.

Unfortunately you Americans need to start thinking instead of blaming samsung.
  5. It's nice to see large companies being generous. Definitely a +1 for Samsung.

(I can't wait for the SGS2 to be available in canada)
  6. princeton

Well Bell typically just takes the European version(unlike the ***** carriers in the US) so we should have it soon.
  7. Ran both Nightly build 16 & 17 of Cyogen 7, for Vibrant.
    Very impressed with it so far.

Faster / Better battery life then official stock Andriod (T Mobile / USA).

They still have Vibrant as ** experimental ** support so your millage may vary.
  8. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 908   +36

US Carriers are always a year or two+ behind everyone... =(
  9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

Now that's just un-american ;)
  10. princeton

Thinking?
  11. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Exactly. We pay people in India to do that!
  12. princeton

I like guys like you. You're not afraid to poke fun at yourself. Made me laugh my *** off.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.