TechSpot

Samsung launches first 3D V-NAND SSDs, reserved for enterprise

By Scorpus
Aug 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Just a week after Samsung announced they had started mass-producing 3D Vertical NAND, the company has launched a range of solid state drives that use the technology. At this stage the 3D V-NAND SSDs are aimied only at enterprise applications,...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

I love this technology... its great! I cannot wait till the next series of consumer SSDs are released with this tech. Hopefully the 850 series will include this. Also, mSATA SSDs can get a big boost out of this tech.
  3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,161   +174

Hmm good tech leap but needs SATA Express to complement! Everyone is just going 4k iops cause that's all they can do.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

Excitable fellow aren't you? Relax, it'll be far too expensive initially to be relevant. Wait till it becomes mainstream then get excited.
    JC713 likes this.
  5. JC713

Well, I think they can probably make a high performance line like they do now. They have the Evo, the 840, and the 840 Pro. They could add in a higher end line with this tech.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

They probably could but what sense would it make? The SATA 6Gbps we have now will probably only bottleneck it.
  7. JC713

True.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.