TechSpot

Samsung launches new Exynos SoCs, one destined for the Galaxy S5

By Scorpus
Feb 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. MWC 2014 has been the launching ground of a number of smartphone-oriented SoCs, first from Qualcomm who launched the Snapdragon 801, 610 and 615, and then from Intel who detailed Moorefield and Merrifield. Samsung won't be left out of the...

Read more

2. Phone tech is kind of boring. I haven't pined for more power for a long time now.The only thing I would care about is a foldable display.

3. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

I wonder if it's because you keep your phone in the back pocket of your jeans?

4. No , I want a big *** full screen flip phone. 10 inches in a 5 inch package

5. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 708   +168

I always preferred the exynos variant over the snapdragon variant.

6. Ya, a removable display doubler (flip or slide-out) could be awesome.

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Very interesting to see LPDDR3-1600 controllers making their way to smartphones. That along with mobile CPUs breaking the 2.5 GHz mark will give desktop CPUs a run for their money :D.

8. It's the year 2014. By now you should already be aware that frequency does not equal performance. Just because the tiny <3W ARM SoC runs at 2.5 GHz doesn't mean it's anywhere even remotely as fast as a vastly larger, 15W~45W laptop processor, let alone a 65W~130W desktop one.
    (Do you not remember when the first 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo chips were significantly faster than the 3.6/3.8 GHz Pentium D ones?)

9. Twixtea

Twixtea TS Rookie Posts: 86

Moreover android is shitty optimized OS anyways.

10. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Guru Posts: 510   +46

What would be good if they could make a clam shell phone that when open is a nice good 6" screen with no visible join.

11. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Of course....... I am just saying it is very impressive.