TechSpot

Samsung ML-2010 printer and Windows 8

By kjenter
Nov 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A freind of mine just purchased a new laptop with Windows 8, he is not real computer savy, I am somewhat, I said I would try to help him connect the samsung printer ml 2010 to his new laptop. I have been albe to conntect my printer which is a HP to my new laptop with Windows 9, but I am just lost here, don't know anything about samsung. Can I get some help with drivers/ installing his printer to Windows 8.....Thanks a lot
  2. mv841

mv841 TS Rookie

(Information dated 2013/01/27)

1. Connect the ML-2010 DIRECTLY to the PC running Windows 8 via USB cable (you may need to be logged in as administrator)
    2. Windows 8 should automatically install the printer in a couple of minutes. Look in your "Devices and Printers" to verify that "Samsung ML-2010 Series" appears.

3. Once step 3 is completed, the ML-2010 driver has been installed.
    4. Now if you want, you can move the printer to another PC and use it with "printer sharing", or connect to it via a Network Print Server an the install that "new" printer. Do not remove the original printer you installed via USB while you are doing this. If/when you are asked for a driver for the "new" printer, you can pick "Samsung" ans "ML-2010 Series" in the manually select dialog box.
    5. Just remember that at least one installed printer must be using this driver - else it will get de-installed aand you will have to go through the whole process again.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.