TechSpot

Samsung sh-s202n dvd redorder and nero 8

By wjmsr
Jan 18, 2009
  1. i am using a samsung (sh-s202n) dvd burner with nero 8 and trying to burn captured movie files to dvd. during the transcoding or burning process i get the message " nerovision.exe has encountered a problem and will shut down". i have contacted nero support and they ran me through a complete uninstall and reinstall but the problem persists.
    can anyone help with this?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Nero 8 is a terribly bloated and rather useless problematic program. Remove it. I still use Nero 6 on some builds of XP. What are your complete computer specs? Operating System?

3. wjmsr

wjmsr TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanx for your response. The problem is NOT the dvd burner because I have since saved to a file instead of burning to dvd and I received the same error message.
    My system is an Asus mb P4S800D-E Deluxe with 2G of memory. I have an ATI Hd 2600 Pro AGP video card and am running XP Pro with SP-3 installed for OS.
    The problem does appear to be with Nero 8.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You are using XP so you do need some sort of burning software. I have many CD's of Nero 6 thru 8 and if you can get a copy of Nero 6 and install SmartStart only. I have Vista Home Premium, SP1 Media center is included. Roxio is included, and it works seamlessly in Vista for burning

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.