Samsung SSD cloning issue

I bought a Samsumg 870 EVO 2.5 SSD, after connecting to my motherboard (MSI- Z97 pc mate)

I went to to see if it recognized the drive, (system tools, disk mgmt) it did, and when the window popped up to initialize I closed it(stupidly) and it now showed offline status. So I fixed that by doing the sans thing in command prompt.

I initialized it, partitioned it, and in Samsung magician software, it recognized it, I then went to Samsung migration software to clone my old drive to the SSD, it recognized it , everything was fine, I start the migration, and after 10 seconds it closed, not only that, but when I went back in to device mgmt, it was showing offline and it wasn't any longer even initialized!

Ok a few notes, in my bios/pch storage config/ it is in AHCI mode, not raid which seems to be a common problem.
My power supply is 600 mhz
I have checked in command prompt for online status, done the sans drill as well as the attributes drill.When I attempt it again, it gets knocked offline once more.
I am using Sata ports.

Before cloning starts I am disconnected from the internet, one drive is closed, windows defender is disabled, and no other programs are running.
So is it a power problem I'm having?
I would greatly appreciate any help, I hope my post is coherent haha.

Are you using the Samsung cloning software? I find it works flawlessly (Get it from the Samsung website). AHCI mode is correct. DO you have 'controlled folder access' turned?

That interferes with the Samsung cloning software. I have also had a Dell with a bad motherboard not clone until I swapped out the motherboard.

Yes I am using samsung cloning software, however should controlled access folder be off or on, thx for your reply.

Are you using the Samsung cloning software? I find it works flawlessly (Get it from the Samsung website). AHCI mode is correct. DO you have 'controlled folder access' turned?
Anecdotally, and FWIW, the only issue I've ever had with Samsung's migration software, is with a drive in an external USB 3.0 case.. The software wouldn't even recognize the drive as a destination. As soon as I plugged it into the board's SATA array, everything went off like clockwork.

Back