Samsung to scale back smartphone output by 30 percent, will continue work on flexible display tech

By Shawn Knight
Nov 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung's strategy of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks has gotten the company to where it is now but in today's saturated market, that strategy no longer appears to be viable as evident by Samsung's latest financial quarter.

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,432   +473

This sounds a lot like a Nintendo DS to me :p
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,944

Yeah, they're probably getting their asses kicked by the Chinese manufacturers as well especially in China where a Chinese made high end smartphone costs half the price of a Samsung equivalent. I know where I'd spend my money. They should also look into adjusting their prices, it's no secret that they are way overpriced. They're not Apple who can afford to keep their prices high, they just don't have the same blind brainless following as them.
  4. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 701   +165

Makes sense, they just don't seem to have the magic they had with the S2. I'm waiting to see if the S6 is worth a damn. The S5 just wasn't a very big step above my trusty S4, which was hardly a step up from the S3 at the time, but I'm really feeling the upgrade itch.