SanDisk Cruzer Micro 1GB Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Micro, when it arrived I opened it, inserted it into my laptop and what dya know, it doesn't work.

When I insert it, the wizard comes on and starts searching for drivers, however the wizard fails to find any.

The flash drive does not appear in the explorer or on the disk management, it appears on the 'Other devices' section in the Device management but does not recognize it as a Removable disk thus rendering it utterly useless!

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Also I am using a Dell laptop with XP.

Thanks!

Then there is some problem with your laptop. Someone might help you out. I have school, you know ;)

Welcome to Techspot.

Edited: Finally i have the time...

Did you damaged some of USB ports on your laptop? If in doubt, grab or buy the USB 2.0 PCMICA card for your laptop and test it out.

this question has been addressed numerous times on techspot. Do a search and you'll find an answer.

Dark Link said:
I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Micro, when it arrived I opened it, inserted it into my laptop and what dya know, it doesn't work.

When I insert it, the wizard comes on and starts searching for drivers, however the wizard fails to find any.

The flash drive does not appear in the explorer or on the disk management, it appears on the 'Other devices' section in the Device management but does not recognize it as a Removable disk thus rendering it utterly useless!

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Also I am using a Dell laptop with XP.

Thanks!

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read about your problem and wanted to help.

The card reader shouldn’t be listed in device manager as “Other Device.” None of the devices should be in this category. If they are it means that the driver was not installed. The driver you are looking for is available online at www.support.dell.com. Just click on “Drivers and Downloads” and then enter your service tag or use the drop down menu to select your system type. The driver you are looking for is under the “Chipset” category and is named “Ricoh R5C832.” Download and install this driver and you should be all set.

When reinstalling an Operating System the order that the drivers are installed is very important. There is a list available here. In the event that you would ever need to reinstall, the driver for the card reader would be installed after the Intel Chipset (because it is listed as a chipset category.) You can use this list as a reference if you have any other items in the device manager that show up under the “Other Device” category. I hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Mike
Dell customer advocate

I've had the same problems with this device
After a long search I came to this solution:

support.microsoft.com/kb/838989/en-us

(I can't post a URL yet, so you have to copy the link en paste it in your browser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back