TechSpot

Sandy Bridge to reach production by the end of 2010

By Matthew
Apr 13, 2010
  1. During a keynote speech at Beijing's IDF conference on Tuesday, Intel shared more details about the upcoming microarchitecture that will succeed Nehalem. Expected to reach production sometime later this year, Sandy Bridge-based processors will use the second-generation of Intel's Hi-k 32nm fabrication technology and will span the next process transition to 22nm.

Read the whole story

2. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

When is AMD's 32nm. They seem late to the party. Bulldozer needs to be amazing

3. For only 1500 it can be yours! lol

4. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,179   +72

These are very impressive power consumption figures promised for the new Atoms. With these I can definitely see Intel encroaching on ARM areas. Though for PC use I think that a new graphics core is more important than lower power.

5. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Booster Posts: 224   +7

I heard somewhere that ATIs next sub-line in the 5900 series is the 599x series and is speculated to have 28nm fabrication. Of course I'm glad Intel is always ahead of the game here with their TOCK production protocol outing 22nm.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.