TechSpot

Santa Cruz & SB Live! in ONE system

By Rendy
Jun 17, 2003
  1. Hey...anyone here using more than one soundcard in a system? Particularly Turtle Beach's Santa Cruz and SoundBlaster Live! 5.1

My PC originally comes with Santa Cruz and I wish to have 2 independent inputs so I went to get SB Live!...Now, installation was successful, no conflicts whatsoever...WEIRD thing is, when I'm listening to Mp3 using WMP 6.4/7/9 on Santa Cruz, I hear NOTHING....But when I'm listening on SB Live! I do......I tried changing the default playback device from Control Panel...No Luck.

Now, another thing, I mentioned that I hear nothing when using Santa Cruz & WMP...BUT I can hear system sounds (click, window starts...etc)

When I checked my IRQ, it says SB Live! 18 and Santa Cruz 22...hmm, could it be the fact that, since SB has a smaller number, Windows sees it first hence, prefers using it. However, I did try changing the PCI slots....no luck.

.........Hmmm......any idea anyone? Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.