SATA and IDE work together

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need help with what? Unpacking the hard drives? Operating a screwdriver? Reading latin letters printed on the hard drives? Using a keyboard?

Have you considered doing the unthinkable and trying to Read The Friendly Manual?

1. take hdds out of box.
2. connect ide and sata cables.
3. connect molex power cables.
4. mount.
5. boot.
6. fill hdds with pr0n.
X1

Nodsu said:
Have you considered doing the unthinkable and trying to Read The Friendly Manual?

my hard drives came oem so i have no manuals to help me to get windows to recognize the both the drives (only the sata drive which windows is on is being recognized)

you need to proide a little more info. did yuo allready have a sata drive and are adding the IDE? or was the IDe drive the OS drive and you added a sata drive?

What is the model the IDE hard drive? is it alone on the IDe channel you placed it on? if it is a newer drive then remove the jumper from it altogether. also check in start/programs\administrative tools\computer management\disk management if the drive appears there you can partition it and format it there.

iss said:
you need to proide a little more info. did yuo allready have a sata drive and are adding the IDE? or was the IDe drive the OS drive and you added a sata drive?

What is the model the IDE hard drive? is it alone on the IDe channel you placed it on? if it is a newer drive then remove the jumper from it altogether. also check in start/programs\administrative tools\computer management\disk management if the drive appears there you can partition it and format it there.
i figured it out but thx for actually trying to help instead of flaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back