SATA card help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone...

I am having problems with my SATA card...

I have a VIA SATA card and would like to install it in my computer. However, everytime i plug it into my motherboad, My computer won't start... It won't even turn on.

I thought it was my PSU not giving enough power to my computer, but now i don't think that's it. Could it be that my computer is too old??? My computer is 5 years old.

Thanks in advance, please help I really want to get this SATA card up and running.

If you need any more info I would be happy to give it to you.

Well, you need to tell us detailed information about your hardwares and psu too..

so if you can give us, we will be gladly to help you.

It's probably a proprietary power supply. Is this an old Compaq or Dell system. For your purpose there is no way to combine these minimal supplies

Can't you just stay with IDE devices? ...and save for another computer. I have 2 computers here that are both 9 years old that beat that Vaio's specs hands down

So there is no way to get my SATA card running without buying new parts or a new computer?
Evidently not. However, I don't think the power supply for the Vaio is proprietary. Consequently, it should be fairly easy to replace it for a better one.

Are you trying to just install the bare SATA card or do you have any SATA devices connected to it already? If the existing power supply has trouble with the card alone, when you attach a SATA hard drive or optical drive, it will never work without a new PSU. Anyway, you should install the bare card, install its driver, shut down and then install the SATA device.

I have only seen 150 watt supplies in old Compaq's and Dell systems. These 150 watt system power supplies were and are proprietary. They will not fit standard mini-ATX or standard ATX cases either. I have not seen many old Vaio desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back