TechSpot

Save an Image turns it red

1. Hi,

not sure if this is in the right section or not but here goes:

I have been using a badge maker software or rather testing and on my PC (windows 7) it works great.
    However whenever my friend uses it and he has windows 8 and he tries to save the picture half the picture comes out red.

Im sure I have heard of this happening before but I cant remember how to resolve it.

is there anyway of solving this or is there something that he is doing wrong? I have attached a screenshot he sent though I have asked him for a better one as this one is not great

thanks in advance
    Ronan

Attached Files:

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

:grin: the default background is RED and it appears that it may have the actual picture smaller than the frame it was created in

3. Ronan Odriscoll

Ronan Odriscoll TS Member Topic Starter

So would that be due to the user of the Windows 8 system then?

4. jobeard

Most likely it's how the image was created. Post the original graphic as actually sent from your system.

5. Ronan Odriscoll

Thats all he sent me but it works fine on my system but not his???

6. jobeard

Where was the image created?? attach a copy of it from that system & I'll investigate how it's constructed.

7. Ronan Odriscoll

Il ask him to send it would it help if I send the program used to make it aswell?

8. jobeard

Again::- send from the system that created the image.

the name of the program *might* be useful too

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.