Save Dumps, Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having an issue with random BSODs, minidumps, save dumps, etc., and was told this was the place to find answers :)

First----PC specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon 2500+ (1.84ghz)
512 MB SDRAM (Dual Channel)
Enermax 350W
80G HD (running windows and programs only)
250G HD (archives and storage)
GeForce 7600GS 512 MB Graphics Card (AGP)

Quick history of the problem:

I had a 9800 Radeon Pro kick the bucket, so I bought the GeForce 7600gs to replace. But, since I was running and ATI card, I decided it would be easier to partition/format to start clean.

Once formatted, I put on the newest MOBO drivers and then installed the card and put on the newest Nvidia drivers for that card. Everything ran fine until I tried to play video games and began to get reboots.

Everything pointed to a driver issue, so I ran DCleaner, and did fresh installs on drivers again. Same problem.

Then I looked to see if there was an updated BIOS for my MOBO, and there wasn't.

Then I thought PSU problem so I ran SpeedFan and everything looked good, especially on my 12v rail. The current GeForce card requires 20amps on that rail, and I am running 26.

Then I ran Memtest 86 and it passed (boot CD ROM version).

Therefore, I am at the end of my rope and clueless. All I have are these minidump files...the most recent. Also, today, I had a reboot when I wasn't running a game. Here they are, and I also attached the files.

(they are all Event ID 1001s)

This was the one that happened when I wasn't running a game.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc000001d, 0x8056c8a5, 0xf57a0294, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051107-01.dmp.

This one has happened over and over again.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x00010fa0, 0xba54b840, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050907-01.dmp.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Couldn't put all dumps in that zip file for size. Here are the rest.

Please let me know if there is any additional information you need. Thanks!!

Minidumps are pointing to NV4_disp.dll and nv4_mini.sys which both have to do with your video Nvidia display drivers/adapters.

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

You either have a driver problem or your video card is faulty.

Update your video card drivers and see if that takes care of the issue.

Currently running the most recent drivers for my video card. I first used the ones on the software which came with the VC, and had problems. I then cleaned them out and got the most recent from Nvidia. And something I forgot to add, I already exchanged the card twice, and still have the same problems. Should I start trying older drivers maybe?

What card do you have and what is your OS? Sometimes rolling back to older drivers helps.

Edit: Duh!-Me, I see your card.

Perhaps new problem?

Just an update. I rolled back drivers as suggested and problem continued. Then I DCleaned again, and reinstalled newest NVidia drivers for my video card. Since then, I haven't had anything happen while playing games online (crossing fingers)

But now I'm getting random reboots when away from my computer and only the desktop running. It only happens on average every two days or so. Here is the new minidump file

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 5/17/2007
Time: 11:16:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BRANDON
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x825ef74c, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804dbe9b). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051707-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any idea whether this is still a driver issue?

Post your Minidumps and we'll see. Glad to know that your vid card drivers are working.

I accidentally deleted a few, but the one posted here is the same as the others to the tee. So far, I have had three of these this week (since Monday)

Your dump points out csrss.exe driver with an 0x0A error which means drivers are using improper memory addresses.

Description: csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

You do have a driver issue but just exactly which one I can't tell you. Since csrss.exe does deal with most graphical commands and your previous dumps pointed to Nvidia drrivers and display adapters I suspect the issue might lie there.

Thanks for the input...the search continues :giddy: I guess it will be a matter of finding the right combination of drivers. The only thing that has "changed" is a new video card, so maybe I will try older drivers of the same card. Will let you know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back