SC Blacklist crashing Windows 8

Bink

Hi,

When I purchased my EVGA GFX card it came with Splinter Cell Blacklist. But as with most games by Ubisoft there are normally very buggy even before and after initial release. I have had a nightmare of a problem with this game. Out of all the games I have this is the only one which is causing me such a headache... If I had bought this game I would have been very annoyed because it crashes my system.

Example 1: Patch 1.01 crashed my PC when I installed the patch for the first time, I then reinstated the patch and it installed fine.

Gameplay crashes Windows 8 as well, although not all of the time; but 30% of the time it does.

Example 2: Patch 1.02 crashed my PC when I installed the patch for the first time, I then reinstated the patch and it installed fine.

Gameplay crashes Windows 8 as well, although not all of the time; but 30% of the time it does. I sent a stern support ticket to Ubisoft just waiting for a reply. I have loads of games on Steam and each one I have purchased and/or had FREE and installed via Uplay crashes...? Here is another example.

Assassin's Creed 3 purchased via Uplay crashes like... well lets put it, profanity is unprofessional and wouldn't express to this point on a forum. But it does make you mad and swear at your monitor. I purchased the same game which was on offer at the time better than Uplay. Steam works like a treat, never once has this game crashed on me.

I know you get people saying, it's not my system. I have run all the test possible to my disposal and I can't find any logical reason why this is happening. All other games I have installed work fine. Only this game has a problem. Therefore, the only logical reason is the game itself. I have been using Windows 8 from day one, well actually before it was initially released and this is the first time I have seen the BSOD EVID 41 which is basically improperly shutting down your PC. Or loss of PWR. I am 99% sure this is software related, I.e. SCBL.

Back