TechSpot

SC Blacklist crashing Windows 8

By Bink
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

When I purchased my EVGA GFX card it came with Splinter Cell Blacklist. But as with most games by Ubisoft there are normally very buggy even before and after initial release. I have had a nightmare of a problem with this game. Out of all the games I have this is the only one which is causing me such a headache... If I had bought this game I would have been very annoyed because it crashes my system.

Example 1: Patch 1.01 crashed my PC when I installed the patch for the first time, I then reinstated the patch and it installed fine.

Gameplay crashes Windows 8 as well, although not all of the time; but 30% of the time it does.

Example 2: Patch 1.02 crashed my PC when I installed the patch for the first time, I then reinstated the patch and it installed fine.

Gameplay crashes Windows 8 as well, although not all of the time; but 30% of the time it does. I sent a stern support ticket to Ubisoft just waiting for a reply. I have loads of games on Steam and each one I have purchased and/or had FREE and installed via Uplay crashes...? Here is another example.

Assassin's Creed 3 purchased via Uplay crashes like... well lets put it, profanity is unprofessional and wouldn't express to this point on a forum. But it does make you mad and swear at your monitor. I purchased the same game which was on offer at the time better than Uplay. Steam works like a treat, never once has this game crashed on me.

I know you get people saying, it's not my system. I have run all the test possible to my disposal and I can't find any logical reason why this is happening. All other games I have installed work fine. Only this game has a problem. Therefore, the only logical reason is the game itself. I have been using Windows 8 from day one, well actually before it was initially released and this is the first time I have seen the BSOD EVID 41 which is basically improperly shutting down your PC. Or loss of PWR. I am 99% sure this is software related, I.e. SCBL.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.