Screen changes colour, laptop freezes, no games

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop (acer travelmate 2420) is really starting to bug me. Every now and then, in random intervals, the screen will turn a solid colour and my computer freezes. I finally found a way to get it working again without resetting it (put my computer to sleep, then wake it up again) but it's still annoying to have to do that constantly. It typically freezes when I've left it alone for a bit- only once has it done this while I was actually on the computer. I don't play games, I mainly just leave it on and alone to download while I'm off doing something else. So I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on... I'd rather know that then how to fix it, but fixing it would be good too.

You have a problem that will likely get worse. Hope it is still under warranty...
Either you have an inverter failing, or a video graphics driver that is corrupted or incorrect, or a problem with the video graphics port... perhaps dirt or a bent pin.
You should download the latest driver, then be aware of where it is located on you Windows setup, then disable the old driver and install the new on within the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back