Screen Color

Hikermann

I choose:
SETTINGS - PERSONALIZATION - BACKGROUND - SOLID COLOR (blue)
All looks windowswonderful . . .
EXIT

Open my wallpaper program (Webshots) and choose a portrait-oriented photo which does not fill the screen width.
- In Windows 7, whenever the wallpaper photo did not fill the screen (as a portrait-oriented pix usually would not), the remainder of the screen would remain the screen color chosen (blue).
- In "new, improved by MS programmers in the guaranteed employment department" Windows 10, however, when wallpaper presents a portrait-oriented pix, the background color (blue) disappears and is replaced by black.

Uh-huh . . .
Whose idea was this "improvement"! . . . and how can it be rectified? The screen color should, one would normally expect, remain whichever color is designated in SETTINGS -- regardless of whatever the screensaver photo or graphic superimposes places over it.
Anyone know a solution to offer?
Many thanks; appreciated.

This company specializes in custom Windows themes, wallpaper, etc..

I would imagine they have what you are looking for, but it won't be a free solution. Maybe others know of a free solution or a registry hack that will help you out.

Kshipper -

Thank you for your response and information. Unfortunately, however, you apparently don't understand the issue I wrote about, so the link doesn't apply. Discussion on a different forum community, though, did provide the solution -- so I can go on with my PC-Life . . . as it were.

Best regards.

Well ..don't keep it a secret eh. I did say someone else might know of a solution: You confirmed someone else helped you out. It would be great if you shared the solution for others that might find this thread where they have the same issue of the background color changing to black from a preferred color when you want to display a small portrait photo as your wallpaper.

Back