Screen off center in Spore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technochicken

My little sister is obsessed with animals, so I introduced her to Spore. So I installed it on our family computer and ran it, but the game was moved over on the screen, so that half of the monitor was black, and half of it showed part of spore. The computer has an AMD athlon x2 4200, 2 gb ram, and integrated geforce 6100 graphics. I've tried changing the resolution the game runs at, but that made no difference. And the monitor is a Dell 19" widescreen at 1400 by 900. Is there any way to fix this, so that the game is playable?

you could try to install the latest video card drivers, make sure to remove the old ones first though

I installed the latest drivers already, because the game told me I might need to since it has an older graphics chipset. And the computer runs vista with sp1 if that is any help.

The monitor is an LCD right? Most of them have an 'auto adjust' feature which moves the image so that it fits the screen properly. I have had to do this with some games that for some reason position the image incorrectly. On my Monitor (Viewsonic VA703b) I press the '2' button for 'auto adjust'.

Well, I just opened spore, and now it works fine. I'm not sure what happened, but as long as it works, I'm happy=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back