TechSpot

Screen pulsing?

By Benan
Oct 13, 2006
  1. Hi,

My computer screen gets a pulse and it really annoys me becauses its always pulsing/throbbing when im reading, i have an old LG Studio Works 700S

Im gona go out on a limb here and guess you want me to buy a new screen, before you say that, Im not going to buy one xD

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That definitely sounds like a monitor problem to me.

Try another monitor and see if the problem disappears.

Regards Howard :)

3. Benan

Benan TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 128

knew i would come to this, how much is a standard 19 " flat screen going for these days? (Not flat slime line) just a flat screen box type

4. howard_hopkinso

Before you go out and spend your hard earned cash, either try your monitor on another system or try another monitor on yours, just to make sure it`s a monitor problem.

I don`t know how much a monitor is these days, but I`m sure you can use Google to good effect to find out.

5. Benan

I dont have another monitor, nor do I want to take it to a friend. if I turn my monitor off for a bit it goes okay.

6. howard_hopkinso

If turning the monitor off for a while solves the problem temporarily, then it`s definitely a monitor problem.

7. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Do you have any speakers or a tv close to it? If so, try moving them further away!!!!

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

You are screwed then. Have a nice day.

9. Benan

gee thanks >_> ill look for another one at comp fair :) saw a 17" Slim line flat screen for $80 last time (Samsung ;))

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.