SCSI? 80 pin to ata 40 pin adaptor

By Ima Gunna
Jun 17, 2005
  1. i just bought 4 HDDs for a RAID and i was i such a hurry i didn't read the hole discription and this is what iedned up with this :hotbounce [​IMG]
    is there an adaptor to make these to work? a cable or pci card or any thing
  2. Rik

    Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

    Where in the world are you? In the UK at PC World you can get a "Siig" raid card for about £50 that will work with your onboard controller.
  3. tdeg

    tdeg TS Rookie Posts: 119

    You can get cheap SCSI cards if you want to do software raid, or you can buy something like an IBM ServRaid 3L card off ebay for cheap.

    The card will work in a PCI slot, but as a warning, its a very long card.

    Plus you will need a SCSI cable.
  4. Ima Gunna

    Ima Gunna TS Rookie Topic Starter

    so much for an inexpensive array. i have 4 of these drives any one intersted super cheape
  5. Rik

    Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

    What u want is an ATA raid card. A company called Siig do one thats down to £30 here in the UK at pc world. I have no idea where in the world you are but im sure you could find one. See if you can get your money back on the scsi card and that will more than pay for one.

    Sorry, ignore all that, i didnt look at the pic properly, u will definately need a scsi card. They can be expensive.
  6. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

    Those look like hotswap SCSI drives meaning you need a SCSI backplane or 80-to-68 pin SCSI adapters in addition to the SCSI controller.

    You are better off returning those server class toys and buying something less exclusive.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...