TechSpot

Seagate and Micron join hands to combine innovation and expertise

1. Micron and Seagate have entered into a strategic agreement that they say will establish a framework for combining their innovation and expertise. The multi-year agreement will see the companies initially focusing on next-generation SAS SSDs and strategic NAND supply, with...

Read more

2. I lost complete interest after reading the name "Seagate".

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

^Troll

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,675   +779

LOL

5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,183   +528

"We turn on ideas" poor choice in words, because you can view it has that they are turning on the ideas and destroying them! MUAHAHUAHAUHAUHUAHUA

6. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

I'm still not buying Seagate until at least 2022. In that year, I'll do a bunch of research to see if their failure rates are still as high as before, and if so, I won't buy them for yet another decade.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

I didn't realize Seagate was already labeled as a failure with SSD. Apples to oranges, if you are going to drag their mechanical failures over into the SSD segment.

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,700   +1,886

That would mean you might not buy a Seagate drive, until 2032. Do the math. Would you check again in 2032, or just give up and buy one? How do you know we'll even need mechanical HDDs in 2032? We might be using tanks full of algae to store data. Meh, but then again, 'Backblaze' will probably kill all the Seagate algae, and make it look like Seagate's fault.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  9. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

I wouldn't "give up and buy one," I'd shop Seagate's main competitors. And I don't mean just their mechanical hard drives, I'm boycotting all of their products, software and hardware, until 2022. Why shop a brand that can't design and QA their products properly, and can't fix their mistakes after years of customer complaints?