Search button blocks some Windows 7 onscreen content

Setfree

Randomly after I do a search on a Waterfox browser page, a "Search" button blocks (overlays) text or images on the page. As usual, I found no help online so I turn to helpful Techspot users. A sample screenshot shows what I mean. Thanks for any help.Search Button Blocks Some Onscreen Content.PNG

Thanks Kshipper. Hindsight is 20-20, as I thought of checking other browsers...AFTER I posted the issue. I am testing your suggestion as we speak. The thing is, the issue is random and not consistent. Will get back to you. Thanks again.

Ahh ok ...I searched for an answer too and I didn't find anything. The only thing I could think of is that the browser likely supports the ability to turn features on and off and I was thinking you might be able to locate a way to turn the floating overlay off. If that floating overlay search box is the only way you do a search on that browser then you would have to navigate to an individual search engine's home page of your search choice. Google? Bing? DuckDuckGo? Every time you wanted to search for something. That is pretty much how I do it on Chrome. =)

Ahh ok ...I searched for an answer too and I didn't find anything. The only thing I could think of is that the browser likely supports the ability to turn features on and off and I was thinking you might be able to locate a way to turn the floating overlay off. If that floating overlay search box is the only way you do a search on that browser then you would have to navigate to an individual search engine's home page of your search choice. Google? Bing? DuckDuckGo? Every time you wanted to search for something. That is pretty much how I do it on Chrome. =)
Thanks again Kshipper. I am contacting the Waterfox developer/community and if and when I get their feedback, I'll let you know.

Thanks again Kshipper. I am contacting the Waterfox developer/community and if and when I get their feedback, I'll let you know.
I know this is late coming Kshipper, but just for grins after Waterfox did an update the issue went bye bye.

Back