TechSpot

Search for search

By callbobby69
Feb 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desktop search on XP will not bring up anything . How do i search for my search....?:blush:
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

3. eroz

eroz Newcomer, in training Posts: 108

I think he is looking for his desktop search.......go to start and look for the magnifying glass icon.....it might be right above RUN.
  4. Tmagic650

Ok Eroz,
    I see the magnifying glass, but I've never used it. There are many other ways to find files and such
  5. callbobby69

callbobby69 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Okay guys...first off ...lets say i want to delete a registry editior from the ALL users account without disturbing it anywhere else. I need to click the magnifier and search for that editor instances ...:eek:
    well...eek on me ...:zzz: my search display form is sound asleep because ..nothing is showing up . It just gives a little jiggle and the start menu closes ..but..no form comes up ..:confused:
    I can't think of where to begin to find a repair for this ..maybe search the web ? :eek:
    Anyway..gimme more help ..:knock:
    Bobby
  6. Tmagic650

So you have no side bar visible with things like "All files or folders" "Computers or People" or even the little animated character?

Have you tried a System Restore?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.