Searchindexer.exe takes up much memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty500cat

There is a process in task manager called searchindexer.exe. It might only take up 7,000K, but when I end it, the page file usage goes down dramatically, maybe 50 or 60 MB. It starts itself up after I end it, though. What is it, and can I do something to keep it from running, or is it critical?
thanks

kitty500cat said:
There is a process in task manager called searchindexer.exe. It might only take up 7,000K, but when I end it, the page file usage goes down dramatically, maybe 50 or 60 MB. It starts itself up after I end it, though. What is it, and can I do something to keep it from running, or is it critical?
thanks

I did a quick google on searchindexer.exe and only found posts relating to Windows VIsta such as this one

http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74851

It has a couple of suggestions on what it is and how to fix any problems with it.

As you dont state your OS this is just a guess...

I live in the US and have XP home. I downloaded the Microsoft Office 2007 Beta and when I would open Outlook, it would say that I needed to download something to enable the instant search feature in Outlook. I guess I downloaded it, the message doesn't show up anymore, and I'm wondering if it came from that. Thanks for help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back