Self-reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjornd

Firstly,
Thank you to all who replied on my last post about my computer having Memory Dumps. They havent' gone away completely, yet, but have at least decreased in frequency.

Secondly,

I have another recurring problem; one that I've had my computer in the shop for on a number of occasions. My computer seems to be possessed. It likes to shut off on its own and reboot. I've checked the connections on everything, re-seated everything; including the processor, memory and vid card. Any help in diagnosing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Ray J

I have had a similar problem with a cube I built and eventually tracked it down to anti-virus software. Where it might not be the same in your case, you could try removing some of your applications one at a time to see if this makes a difference. Beware - finding problems this way can take a very long time - I found the clue in the event log (Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event log > System log. Look for errors or warnings with red or yellow highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back