Selling on eBay using Wildblue Satellite vs Dial-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an eBay Power Seller. I use dial-up because cable/dsl is not available to me. I heard about Wildblue. Does anyone know anyone that sells a lot on eBay that uses Wildblue?

I get so many errors when uploading my auctions to eBay. My dial-up connection is usually 19k-26k-56k.

Selling on eBay is our only means of income and if it takes satellite then I don't mind switching IF it works well and makes a difference with eBay and I will be able to work faster and get more items on. Right now I get knocked off so much, get "page can not be found", and many times I have to turn my computer off and back on just to get the dial-up to connect properly because it thinks it is still connected.

Please advice me from anyone that has experience with dial-up AND satellite internet connections with eBay. Any difference or are there known conflicts. I've been warned of FAP also and I don't know how to detemine how much I upload and download from the internet to see if that will be a problem for me.

I added AT&FX to the Extra Initialization Command and my computer said it was 115K, but when testing the speed online it showed the same as it was without the command.

Thanks,
Blake

Windows XP, Pentium 4, 1 Gb RAM

ANYTHING has to be better than dialup!! I would try it what do you have to lose especially if Ebay is your business. What do you sell if I might ask?

Everything

Anything and everything! We go to estate auctions, and sometimes yard sales. Tools, industrial tools, antiques, decor, computer components, things for every room in the house and your shop.

Cool, I was thinking about opening one of those "I Sold IT" ebay stores but they are $85,000 to start.

great. I am interested in alternatives to cable as the cost of cable is high here.

sat is very expensive
some are known to have speeds as high as 2mb cost about 200 a month
how about wifi hot spots any in your areas

sat seems to be the same price as cable. I have no intentions of driving anywhere to pick up wifi. I can always mooch off the neighbors. For now I will stick with my cable modem but it is very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back