TechSpot

"Sendto" change

By thewolfe
Feb 9, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Sendto" change

When I right click on a picture the target is My Pictures by default. What is the Registry key to modify to another location of my choice?
  2. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 418

3. thewolfe

thewolfe Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 287

Sorry, I think I miss-stated my question. When I right click on a picture (graphic) one of my choices is "save picture as". If I click on that it sends me to my documents/my pictures. I would like to redirect to a folder I have created.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

as far as the registry I don't know. But you shoudl be able to redirect it to that folder, and then every time you right click after that it will stay that folder. Until you close IE.
  5. thewolfe

Here's some answers I got:

Save As location change

To change the default folder to which Internet Explorer will save items, you must change the value for Personal in the following registry keys to specify the new location:
    HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

---------------------------------------------------------------
    See also TweakUI > My Computer
  6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

If I'm not mistaken, IE "remembers" where you save your picture. Once you save a picture in a certain directory, it will continue to use that directory as default.
  8. thewolfe

That is true, I'm just trying to save that first step. And also I don't save anythng in My Pictures.

Thanks for the post.
  9. thewolfe

Also to clarify, it's when I'm clicking on a picture itself and not the file.
  10. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

That is only good until you reboot Rick, I think it may also go back to the system default once you close IE but I can't remember for sure.

Wolfe, I know there is a registry hack to change that but I can't find it. What you posted up there looks like it but I can't say for sure.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.