Serial ata uv green

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

where can i find this everywhere i look im only finding serial ata 2!ive had 2 issues with this where they sent me serial ata 2 please help thanks

Oddly Enough.......

Thrudd said:
I am guessing he means he is looking for SATA-300 cables in the flourescent green UV style sheathing.

I actually received quite the opposite {"mensaje"}. I thought he could find SATA 300 cables, but not SATA 150 cables. Since SATA 300 cables would be backward compatible with SATA 150, I'll go back to my original question: "What on earth are you talking about". The fact notwithstandind that Newegg lists 348 SATA cables on this page. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&De scription=SATA+cables Obviously they're not all black, nor are they all SATA 300.

I got the impression he wanted sata to ide adapters somehow with green in there. See kids, this is why poorly written posts suck.

Well......

The original post seems to be like a song written in "stream of consciousness style", they tend to mean something different to every listener as well.

Leading a Horse to Water....

mailpup said:
Maybe this is what you are looking for? Maybe?

I guess that the 358 choices on Newegg would be overwhelming. But, are you sure that's the one? Maybe, just maybe it's this one... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123175 (2.99) No, no, I take that back, maybe it's this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812104056 ((temporarily out of stock, sorry)
Nope it must be this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107017 And don't even get me started on the blue ones: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123111 (3.99) Plus $4.99 S & H. Additionally Newegg has liberal RMA policies so I would assume that the Email for the return could be as incoherent as the original post and still work out for the best!

I have never purchased through newegg myself - they still dont ship outside the states, and looking at their policies page I can why ....

As to the original post, looks like a simple case of "punctuation constipation"

where can i find this everywhere i look im only finding serial ata 2!ive had 2 issues with this where they sent me serial ata 2 please help thanks

Where can I find this? Everywhere I look I'm only finding serial ata 2! I've had 2 issues with this where they sent me serial ata 2. Please help! thanks.

The NewEgg tech specs are far from complete or consistant and dont allow for any onscreen comparisions, so the poor soul is left with having to put together their own database/spreadsheet (that is if they even thought of doing that)

As too SATA, SATA2/SATAII/SATA-150, SATA3/SATAIII/SATA-300 .... each is backward compatible with the previous version. Some 2 series cables are 3 capable but have not as yet been certified for use with series 3. A vast majority will barely meet actual spec (and some won't). Using a series 2 cable between two series 3 components might work but slow down to the cables bandwidth else things will crash in some way. As always, buyer beware.

But, It should be better.....!

Since SATA 300 is backward compatible with SATA 150, and in theory at least, should be of higher quality (more bandwidth, introduced by lower losses), Why return it at all?

SATA 1 & 2 are the same physical configuration. So, if they're (the maker) not lying about it's capability, then the only thing to consider is length and color. Well, add to that how much you're willing to pay for it.

Newegg's site offers a direct comparison via selection check boxes and a "compare selected" button at the bottom of every page.

As to Newegg's specs being incomplete, every product on their site is linked to the the manufacturer's product page (for that particular item). If there are omissions or errors it's usually not their fault.

Since the original poster seems unwilling to accept an upgrade to SATA 2, it does seems likely that introducing SATA 3 dialog could only cloud the issue further.

And finally, Mr thrudd, "As too SATA, SATA2/SATAII/SATA-150, SATA3/SATAIII/SATA-300". I'm sure you meant "to" (the preposition) and not "too" (the quantifying adverb). Please accept my apologies for mentioning that, I struggled with it, but unfortunately the dark side of my character willed out.

Heh, just because one uses a spell check does not mean the grammer gremlins dont sneak in 8P

As to NewEgg and their specs, I was only commenting to their onsite secification tabs for the products they carry. I did not go so far on the first go round to read to each of the manufacturer sites to see if the information was more complete there than on NewEgg.
I also, am a lazy ****e but then again I am not in the market for SATA cables untill I start buiding my new system.
As an example - listed as type=SATA, yet the part name includes SATA II ... and then latter on its the opposite for another part.
My apologies though, they do have a compare function if you are using the sidebar power search feature instead of the direct links.
Then again TigerDirect *cough*shysters*cough* is not much better when it come to consistancy of descriptions and data fields.
(off topic - why cant these guys just use pick lists for ther spec fields - stick with one desription - have at least someone double check them afterwards? - gah - rant rant rant)

Gee!.....Wilikers!......

When can we get past the idea that we need a SATA 1 cable anyway?

The reason that all you're finding is SATA 2 cables is because that's the current industry spec.

It's a cable with (of necessity) lower losses because of greater bandwidth requirements. It's FINE for SATA 1, in fact it's BETTER for SATA 1 as well.

Mr Thrudd, as to the spelling of "too" the spell checker wouldn't catch that anyway. (You didn't misspell it you only misused it). Ademas, Yo fui solamente rompiendo sus cojones. <That drove the spell checker bonkers! At one point in my life I wanted to have a full wardrobe of tee shirts made that said, "Please don't get angry, I'm only joking". My comic delivery needs some polish, I suppose.

>Way off topic< the spell checker here doesn't know how to spell "samaritan".
I'm sitting here with the dictionary open to samaritan, and it's redlining me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back