Serious overheating and noice from Abit AI7

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyz

im having Serious overheating problems with my new Abit AI7, i knew this motherboard dos make big temps on the prescott CPUs but my friends before i had it from him was 65ish degrees when running powerful programs (like games) now i have it in my computer and my prescott cpu is around 85degrees from gaming! i cant really say whats causing it to get this bad but i did find some people complaining about thier AI7 on websearches. so can anyone give me an idea why its so hot and how to cool down please?

2nd is this wierd noise.. you know when i a computer is loading somthing u will hear a noice from the hardrive or whatever makes that noice.
but with this new mobo when im playing games it constantly makes a faint loading noise and its bloody irritating and i never had this with my old motherboard :S even though nothing is loading in the backround or anything atall.. can somone give me an idea on this aswell please?

Um, have you using the high quality fan and heatsink that come with CPU? if not, considering the copper/copper and aluminum combo heatsink with fan? (perhaps from thermaltake?)

second... the noise that come from the HDD (Such as clicking and whirring noises) is generally normal during the operation. The reason is that you have the hdd plugged in old motherboard, (HDD recognized your old mobo as low demand or slow demand) and you plugged it to, that is ABIT AI7, and HDD found it more responsitive and easily find the data in short time (that explain the noises).

If it continue irriate you, consider to buy the 5.25" drive bay cooler for your HDD. It should provide the rubber washers to quiet down the noises.

well ty for that but im disapointed that i may need to buy new cooling equipment.. can u tell me how to increase the fan speed? becuase its stuck at round 2400rpm and that isnt really good.. considering my old mobo would go to 4000rpm and when my friend had this mobo his would be at 4000ish rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back