Serious restart problens with new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I have just build a brand new system and it already does not work. I keep getting random restarts and freezes. I have red the forum on random freezes and restarts, but nothing helps.
This is what I have
plus 3 more GB of ram, 2 raid cards with few Hdd's and DVD Drives on it, and 630W PSU and WinXpx64.
I have noticed that I get the restarts when I copy files into PC. From Network or HDD it does not seem to matter.
I have not found any minidumps or errors in the event logs. I have also disabled the restore and try to get BSOD, but it just restarts or freezes.
Any help is very appreciated

If this system has never worked, try removing all but 1 or 2GB of memory and see if the system stabilizes...

hmmm,...
Interesting. I have left 2 of the 3 sticks I bought, and so fat it seems to behave. I have copied files from other HDD's and the network without a glitch. Could it be that the Ram stick that came with the system, even having the same parameters as the 3 I bought; be causing the problems? It is a differet manufacturer, but the are identical.

Any thoughts?

that actually can make a big difference running in duel channel. always try to keep the same type of memory in high end systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back