TechSpot

Serious restart problens with new PC

By pioneerx01
Sep 26, 2007
  1. I have just build a brand new system and it already does not work. I keep getting random restarts and freezes. I have red the forum on random freezes and restarts, but nothing helps.
    This is what I have
    plus 3 more GB of ram, 2 raid cards with few Hdd's and DVD Drives on it, and 630W PSU and WinXpx64.
    I have noticed that I get the restarts when I copy files into PC. From Network or HDD it does not seem to matter.
    I have not found any minidumps or errors in the event logs. I have also disabled the restore and try to get BSOD, but it just restarts or freezes.
    Any help is very appreciated

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

If this system has never worked, try removing all but 1 or 2GB of memory and see if the system stabilizes...

3. pioneerx01

pioneerx01 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 274

hmmm,...
    Interesting. I have left 2 of the 3 sticks I bought, and so fat it seems to behave. I have copied files from other HDD's and the network without a glitch. Could it be that the Ram stick that came with the system, even having the same parameters as the 3 I bought; be causing the problems? It is a differet manufacturer, but the are identical.

Any thoughts?

4. Firedawg1971

Firedawg1971 TS Rookie Posts: 39

that actually can make a big difference running in duel channel. always try to keep the same type of memory in high end systems.

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Once again...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.