Server to server File transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
longtime no see???

i am admin to 2 web server ,1 in japan and another in USA,
and i live in INDIA

my problem is i wan to transfer a file that is 360MB[size is not a problem]
in size from in japan to server in USA without downloading it to my PC.

so is there any way??
software or something.
both servers are UNIX based servers.

thankyou :bounce:

You can use flashfxp that will allow you to connect to the ftp on both servers and transfer files that way. It's a great program.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

i believe that "coreFTP" can do this function, (search it in GOOGLE).
Just set the left-pane to connect to the japanese server (instead of your computer, and the right-pane to connect to the USA server, then just transfer the files.

Ph30nIX..

There is absolutely no need for FXP. This is Unix we are talking about here - the system that is built to be remotely administered..

Assuming you have SSH access to both machines, use the scp or sftp programs that come with all SSH implementations. No extra setup needed - no extra security holes to worry about.

If you don't have SSH and you use telnet instead (bad, bad, bad!) then serve the file via common FTP or WWW on one server and use ftp or wget to retrieve the file with the other server.

I didn't know that Nodsu, thanks for the tip. I've never used a webserver before, so don't know the in's and out's of them. I'll have to keep that in mind.

This one worked for me: http://directransfer.net to move sites between FTPs. I moved a small site though under 10Mb - for free. With bigger files and sites you need to buy traffic but the service is nice and supports interrupted tranfer jobs.

try it out.

the fundamental concept is to login to one server and ftp directly to the other.
SSH has the ftp functionality and adds security to the login :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back