Services.exe Error/Blue Screen Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i'm new to the boards. Ok, i got a zune for xmas, and i wanted to install the program on my computer. Every time i do, i get to the installation part, i get to the blue screen of death. Then i reboot, and get the services.exe error. I tried the zune installtion from the web and the CD.

Here's my hijack this list

Thanks for all help in advance!

Im still stuck, but i figured out what is probably causing them. After doing some research, i realized that not doing windows update is usually a cause. So i ran windows update, and i have 26 things left to update, which is great, compared to the 48 earlier. It'll get to downloading the files, and complete the download, but then, it hits installing them, starts installinmg and then goes to the blue screen of death (the stop blue screen). And It happens every time!

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Your problem could be caused by malware.

Please read this thread: Virus/spyware/trojan preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT and AVG logs as attachments into this thread.

This will help us determine if the problem is caused by malware (viruses, spyware, trojans) or not.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of AyaTheAngel only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It appears you`re not running any firewall software. Download and install one of the free firewall programmes in this thread HERE.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winilb32.dll

Then, do the following.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Microsoft authenticate service (MsaSvc)<Disable either the service name or the name in brackets(if there).

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

msasvc.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = saintchad.org

O17 - HKLM\System\CS4\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = saintchad.org

O17 - HKLM\System\CS6\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = saintchad.org

Only fix the above 017 entries, if you don`t recognise the domain.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winilb32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winilb32.dll

O23 - Service: Microsoft authenticate service (MsaSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasvc.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasvc.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attchment. See HERE for instructions. Let us know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of AyaTheAngel only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back