Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Im new here its my first time post.

I have an old vpr matrix 253R desktop with the integrated fasttrak raid controller in the intel mother board model D845FBT.

It was set up as a raid 0 strip array with two 80 gigabyte Western Digital IDE/PATA hard drives
they are set to cable select on two different ide cables to the motherboard
It had a nasty virus so i tried to restore it with windows professional Except it gave me this error

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

It wont recognize the hard drives. (Shows in fasttrak utility but not even in the bios) I tried to download the fasttrak raid drivers from intel website for the mother board, loaded on a floppy, pressed F6 to load them ect..and it began to work i formatted the drives and then it began to load windows until it said "fasttrak.sys could not be found" press enter to retry, esc to skip, and F3 to quit, I pressed retry first, then i tried skipping, it finished loading but but then gave me blue screen of death... then i formatted the floppy disk tried it again and it gave me an error txtsetup.oem could not be found...

so i am completely stumped here, i dont know much about raid, i tried everything from disableing the raid in the bios, to switching up the hard drives, cables, jumper settings ect.. nothing seems to work, i dont need a raid just want to reload my computer, any ideas would be great thanks.

I have an idea, but it's an ugly, lose all your data, all or nothing sort of affair. Wipe one drive, then try to install it separately. If that works, install the second drive after the system is up and running as a "volume" (storage drive). You did say you didn't need RAID.
If there's malware involved, sometimes a repair install of XP isn't enough to restore the system to it's former glory.

Plan "B" would be to attempt an install on a brand new, or clean drive. This is best applied if you can borrow a spare drive, at least pricewise.

Keep in mind that there may be bits and broken pieces of the original RAID software thwarting your efforts. You should download the manual for this board before diving into the project full bore, as the book will explain the proper boot sequence and drive mode settings in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back