Shared memory with video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Danny

Hey all. I have a question. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP video card for my laptop. It currently has 64mb of the total memory. In looking at reviews for my laptop, I saw a comment that says the shared memory can be increased to a max. of 128, with all the memory coming from system ram. I've looked around and can't find any way to do it. Did I misread the article, or does someone know how to increase the memory without adding new hardware? Any help would be appreciated.

It is an option in the bios, assuming you have the same as me, reboot open your bios and look for a GNS something (sorry not sure what its called) it will show 64mb as you said your running it at 64mb, press enter on the option and you will see 4 to pick from, 16mb 32mb 64mb 128mb. just pick 128mb and save setting and exit bios and let it boot up as normal and your laptop graphics card will be set to 128mb.

Any problems let me know, I think I might be able to get a screen shot using a digital camera and who you.

Anyway hope that helps.

Go to your BIOS press I believe on a dell it is f10 if not use f9 built machines it is delete key. Once you are there it will be under advanced chipset features but keep in mind if you increase your memory for your card to 128 you will only have 322 left for your system it may or may not decrease profromance ....

I run mine with full 128mb and have no problems at all, I know with the drivers that came with my laptop that you were able to alter the memory via the display settings

On my HP Pavilion ze4560us, it's F2 to enter the bios, and then you go to UMA Video Memory. It then pops up with the choices of 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back