Should I buy, upgrade or build?

By TimeParadoX
Oct 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

If you feel comfortable, then build yourself. Most of here that build get our parts from online stores. If you buy from Best Buy you will wind up replacing most of the parts anyway, so why not get what you want right from the start with a much better cost/quality ratio?
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 2,438

Hmm true, thanks Nick =P
  3. klarens

klarens Newcomer, in training

If you know how, then build your own. Just figure out what you want to do with your computer and then get the parts that go best with it. Go to the websites that compare prices for you so you will get the best prices.
  4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 2,438

Actualy.. I was thinking of getting a alienware ( my brother has and I played it with BF2 and I had like 100 FPS and no "still screens" ) and my brother is ganna buy one for me for christmas
  5. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

In stead of an Alienware, you may want to think of getting one from Falcon Northwest (www.falcon-nw.com), Voodoo PC (www.voodoopc.com) or customize one from www.ibuypower.com . They are all less expensive than alienware and of equal or higher quality. Of course it would still be cheaper to buy your own. These other places are better than Best Buy.
  6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Falcon machines are great, but expensive. Just check out the Tom's 10,000 PC :eek:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.