Should i go for higher resolution and refresh rates than native after installing new gpu

Rexinriot

Now I have upgraded my gpu to gtx 960 amp....and after installing the same and its drivers....a typical phenomenon is faced by me...and thus I am in want for help...

My 16 inch monitor a supports 1366x768 resolution max till today....but after I upgraded the gpu ....the max resolution that is offered to me is 2560x1600....with many other resolutions that I never got on my monitor...
So my question is should I go for higher resolution say atleast 1600x900/1024/1200

Secondly...refresh rates that were upto 60 hz ...have gone upto 85 hz...so should I keep it or return back to 60 hz for avoiding any damage

Third is that my native resolution was 1366x768 but after installing the card it says native resolution of my card to be 1024x768....why

I would be inclined to live within the 'native' limits of the monitor.

This article and video suggest otherwise... http://lifehacker.com/run-pc-games-at-a-higher-resolution-than-your-monitor-s-1577524203 .

I am not sure I understand "native resolution of my card ". I have always thought that phrase / concept applied to only the monitor. If this is indicated in some menu as being the resolution 'offered' by the card, it might have to do with bad math and the pixel stream... 85hz x resolution at 1024x768 AND 60hz x resolution at 1366x768

I'm tempted to say the graphics drivers are not properly recognizing the monitor. Which is why the listing of odd sizes are showing. The red flag would be that the native resolution for the monitor is not listed.

I'm tempted to say the graphics drivers are not properly recognizing the monitor. Which is why the listing of odd sizes are showing. The red flag would be that the native resolution for the monitor is not listed.
I think you are absolutely right about that.

Back