Should TechSpot be written in Klingon?

yRaz

I think the time has come to start writing your articles in Klingon, or at least have a Klingon Language option. TechSpot has plenty of Klingon readers that can't fully appreciate it because of the language barrier. I also believe that we are in an age where everyone should be treated equally, despite the idiosyncrasies that we may experience. I wish for the Klingon audience to be able to enjoy TechSpot in the same why that I am able to. From what I have seen of TechSpot I believe the human audience would more than tolerate the Klingons among us. TechSpot is a diverse website and to further that diversity we should be trying our hardest to include Klingons into out discussions

A Klingon point of view would be a great addition to the opinions of current TechSpot members. Seeing as how TechSpot is a site aimed at geeks. most of us already speak Klingon and I'm sure many of us can handle ourselves in battle with a Bat'Leth. As someone who has personally taken a Blood Oath with Klingons, their stay here will be honorable. The honorable Klingons will bring more traffic to the site as well as giving publicity to techspot for being the first human technology news site written in Klingon.

I am writing this on behalf of my Klingon friends who wish to be a part of the TechSpot community. Please that this into consideration

Not yap wa' Hol! (One Language is not enough)

Last edited:
Seriously, out of all the languages available on the planet, we are discussing a SciFi language as a second language for TechSpot. How about we implement Klingon only after we have integrated all other languages.

Ohh, I may not know the language, but I am a Star Trek fan (my avatar for example has a Com-Badge).

Well this is a bit racist I think. How about those of us that communicate in sheliak? a bit short sighted and non inclusive I think.
I must say I really expected more thoughtfulness from the TechSpot community I have come to know.

180px-Sheliak_script.gif

If we can learn Ebonics, we certainly can dedicate resources to learning the Sheliak form of communication.

Well this is a bit racist I think. How about those of us that communicate in sheliak? a bit short sighted and non inclusive I think.
I must say I really expected more thoughtfulness from the TechSpot community I have come to know.

180px-Sheliak_script.gif

If we can learn Ebonics, we certainly can dedicate resources to learning the Sheliak form of communication.
Please, the Sheliak's show such a great disregard for human life we shouldn't even humor them with a google translate. Maybe if you said Cardassian or Romulan I might have taken you seriously. Even as enemies of the federation they're regional influence would make learning their language useful.

But the decision to move to Klingon makes more sense culturally. From drinking Raktajino to screwing Klingon opera at the bar they have had a tremendous impact on human culture. Writing in klingon would make further integration of the klingons into our culture easier and faster. I think TechSpot should be a pioneer in Klingon integration. In a few years we could be having Bat'Leth matches as a normal part of our gym classes.

Last edited:
Back