Show me graphics so good you can't tell they're fake

By gamerex
Apr 8, 2008
  1. Can anyone show me a screenshot of graphics so good it's hard or almost impossible to tell it's fake? Doesn't have to be from a game. Beowulf came close, but the snow didn't actualy hit the character's clothing.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Hmm.. Just lemme upload this screenshot of complete darkness from Doom 2 :D
  3. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

Sometime I swear GT 5: P could be mistaken.. Sometimes, I can tell you now. It DOES look like the screenshots on the web for non-believers.
    Crysis.., maybe. I'm not saying it's visuals are mediocre in anyway the 2 games just have different styles. The water on Crysis looks damn good.

I play GT 5: P in 1080p on my Dell monitor, so you wont get anything life like on your standart telly
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Have you seen my dog?
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I got a 10 out of 12 on that one, Papa. I missed the light bulb and the rope for the blinds. :(
  7. gamerex

gamerex TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 151

Game graphics are someone easy for the *****ic reasons: Lighting coloring is undetailed:in life, white paint has a infinite number of shades, bad textures(repeated), undetailed, and the number of geometrics in objects.

For the diffrence between HD and analog for those who don't think HD is any better:

Analog movie:Guy's face didn't have a SINGLE blemish picture is sharp and clear.

Digital: Guys face was completly covered in frekles. The camera simply didn't see the space between the frekles.

Sharpness and clarity doesn't nessesarily mean detail, becuase HD is DETAIL.
  8. KoLAddict

KoLAddict TS Rookie

Games like Crysis and even Oblivion can at times look very real. Sometimes there are moments when I play either that I stop and realize it looks realistic. The thing that never looks real to me though are characters in games. Game graphics designers have yet to make a character model that actually looks real.
  9. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Hmm.. Have you been in any of these locations that seem "real" in these games? Or do you base the real-lookingness on something like movies and TV shows, which use fake scenery? :p
  10. KoLAddict

KoLAddict TS Rookie

If you max the settings out on Oblivion, step through the sewer gates into the game world, then walk up to the dock and peer out at the horizon, it looks pretty good. Also, up-close views of some walls look realistic as well. Crysis in particular looked great. Trees and fauna seem to be a problem with graphics designers, much like people, except they are getting better at trees/fauna faster than they are people. I look forward to the day when everything in the games are unmistakable with real pictures.
  11. Beanbag

Beanbag TS Rookie Posts: 41

I'd have to side with Oblivion if you wanted the most realistic graphics, for me it feels like the REAL "living, breathing world"...sounds familiar? There are tons of player-made mods including those which enhance your eye candy experience such as Qarl's Texture Pack III. Even without those mods, and considering it was released a year before Crysis, it's simply a mind-blowing me at least. I'd say give it a shot and google some screenies.
  12. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Attached Files:

13. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

I have some BUT they are in Braille - so just close your eyes and.................
  14. shadowmansm

shadowmansm TS Rookie

Definitely check out Race Driver GRID with everything up and just glancing at it!
  15. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Can't be done

I can't send you what i see with my Hi Def components.
    You'll just be seeing it with yours.
    Look for some video test downloads.
    Theres one test here,
  16. Skucher

Skucher TS Rookie

that scorpion was nuts o.0
  17. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 261

Final Fantasy, The Spirits Within.
  18. billaboing

billaboing TS Rookie

final Fantasy?
  19. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Not the Video game, billaboing, the first FF movie. It does look fabulous, definately for its time. Look it up!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.