TechSpot

Side Window?

By JoeM076
Nov 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have already ordered the parts for my computer, and I am still debating on what Case to get! I have come to the CoolerMaster Praetorian, but I am still unsure if I want a side window to my case..if anyone has any suggestions on some cool cases, or whether or not I should get a case with a side window, please feel free to comment!-Thank You:)

2. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

I have a case with a window it really only looks good if it is filled with LEDs and UV lights etc. I think now I would differently go with the p180, it looks to be the most neatest cases and is one of the best cases on the market http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

My case is linked in my Profile.

3. JoeM076

JoeM076 Topic Starter

Thanks for the suggestion:)

4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Yea, if you want to have a quiet case or an efficient case, you need a non-windowed one. Because with a windowed case, without stuff that glows, they look REALLY terrible.

5. JoeM076

JoeM076 Topic Starter

Ok..yea thanks, I think that I am going to get a good quality non-windowed, good looking, aluminum case. Probably the CoolerMaster Praetorian in Black

6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Can't agree that it looks terrible just because stuff isn't glowing. I love to see what is going on inside my computer. When i had a case without a side window i found that i just kept the side panel off most of the time. Having a side window actually saved my computer once. I accidently plugged a 12 V. plug into a 5 V., starting a small electrical fire. It was only because my case is completly acryilic that i noticed before, my computer (and possably my house) were in flames. Kinda irrelevant, but goes to show you being able to see inside your comp can pay off.

7. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

You should get a normal case then mod it and put a pexiglass window on it then put neon on it :D

8. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Umm why the hell bother with doing that when you could just get a case with the window already in it?

9. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Because it's boring just buying the case

10. Sean

Sean TS Rookie Posts: 131

Yeah it's fun to experiment, Well i just got a coolmasters elite330 at compusa for 45$ on black friday. It owns. Front and rear 120mm fans, 5hhd bays, 4x5.25" bays.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.