Sig Code Permissions

Steg

With the recent crack down on insanely long sigs, (me being one of the targets) I believe it is resonable to ask the forum admin group to enable either IMG script or HTML script in sigs. Due to the lack of some nice system specs in my sig I have been looking for something more interesting to put in it and I came across this -> SigX The only problem being I can not use it on Techspot because both IMG and HTML code are disabled.

If the only reason these codes are disabled is too ensure people do not fill their sigs up with lots of large images or other such space-wasting junk, then surely there is no reason they should be enable so we can use it, and anyone who fills their sig with rubbish can simply get StormBringer's nice little PM, asking them, quite reasonably, to sort their sig out.

Anyways, thats just my polite request for the Techspot team.

Thanks guys!

Steg

My SigX Sig - Hopefully the be seen on the boards more often in the future :D

SigX looks neat, but how much bandwidth does it eat up? I have broadband so I really don’t notice! I was just thinking of dial up users.

I am a dial up user :p
Its only sending a few bytes of text with every update and it updates at best every minute (setting - between 1 -> 20 mins) so even when playing Warcraft III online I don't notice it updating, dispite the fact I have it set on 1 minute :D.

Steg

EDIT - Typos

For the long and short of it, basically we chose to disable images in sigs to help keep the forum looking neat. The images just got in the way and cluttered things up.

I can understand that sometimes a bit of personalization to your account can not only serve as a 'good feature to have' but can actually boost one's interest in a forum, among other things... however, not everyone may agree with me but for TechSpot I rather keep information displayed clearly on a very easy-to-read format and so far I believe we are doing just great with that, this is a tech information forum after all, plus a second home to a lot of us.

Most forums I have seen that allow images in the sigs just tend to end up in a mess...

We do not need that "feature" here, I agree fully with Julio

Back